I was inspired by a gift card holder that Christina made on http://christinathesassyscrapper.blogspot.com/. Using her directions I created the following gift card holders for Father's Day (now I HAVE to buy gift cards for my Dad and husband!!). The directions to make them are also below.



Now you can decorate as above!! These are great for any kind of occassion - check out Christina's blog for further ideas for your gift card holder!!
First step is to cut your base cardstock to 4 1/4 by 11. Then score that piece at 3, 51/2 and 8 inches. After fold along the score lines so your piece looks as follows:
Next, add double sided adhesive the three edges on one of the inside pieces of your card- once that is done stick the two sides together.
You should now have a card shape that is as follows. Cut a 1/4 inch off the top of the inside piece (this creates the pocket for the gift card)- I started my cut a 1/4 of an inch from each edge.
Now you can decorate as above!! These are great for any kind of occassion - check out Christina's blog for further ideas for your gift card holder!!






I LOVE the way yours turned out and thank you for posting better pictures! :) LOL I can't wait to figure out my cameras quirks and just how to get the lighting right! I bet your hubby and dad love them!
ReplyDelete